Re: Why can't I \override TieColumn #'tie-configuration only \once?

From: harm6
Subject: Re: Why can't I \override TieColumn #'tie-configuration only \once?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:09:44 -0700 (PDT)

David Kastrup wrote:

> The tie configuration at the time of the tie ending counts, so try
> \relative c' {
>   <c e g>2~
>   \once
>   \override TieColumn #'tie-configuration =
>     #'( ( 8 . -1)
>         ( 3 . 1 )
>         ( -3 . 1)
>       )
>        q |
>       <d f a>~ q
> }
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Yes. But the Notation Reference demonstrates:

\relative c' {
  <c e g>2~ <c e g>
  \override TieColumn #'tie-configuration =
    #'((0.0 . 1) (-2.0 . 1) (-4.0 . 1))
  <c e g>2~ <c e g>
}

And with \laissezVibrer or \repeatTie it works, using this syntax. Setting
\once gives a result as expected.

\relative c' {
  <c e g>2 ~ q
  \once
  \override LaissezVibrerTieColumn #'tie-configuration =
   <c e g>2\laissezVibrer <d f a>\laissezVibrer
}

\relative c' {
  <c e g>2 ~ q
  \once
  \override RepeatTieColumn #'tie-configuration =
   <c e g>2\repeatTie <d f a>\repeatTie

  Harm