Re: font tree setting ignored

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: font tree setting ignored
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:52:52 +0200

Am 2011-08-09 um 21:39 schrieb Matthew Collett:

LilyPond 2.14.x (tested .0 and .2) on OSX-Intel ignores my font settings like

\paper {
#(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree "TeX Gyre Schola" "LMSans10" "LMTypewriter10 Regular" (/ 14 20)))
}

The font names are exactly the same as I get with "lilypond -dshow- available-fonts any", and it used to work with 2.13.x. I can't tell when it stopped.
Of course I tried a bunch of other fonts, it never changes.

I adapted fonts.conf to my needs, to include also FontExplorer and TeX directories. I tried only fonts that were reported by "lilypond -dshow-available- fonts any" (others can’t work), and it doesn’t seem to depend on the format (TrueType, OpenType; I don’t use PostScript any more). – Oh, in an other project I'm using a Type1 font, and that does work!

I also have a slightly different font problem, perhaps closer to yours, which is that requesting plain Helvetica gives me bold Helvetica instead (only this one font as far as I know; others, e.g. Helvetica Neue, are fine). I have no idea why this happens.

Are both in LilyPond’s (i.e. pango’s) list?