Re: TimeSignature Event

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: TimeSignature Event
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:52:49 +0100

On 14 August 2011 08:48, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:

> I will optimize and use overrides for this engraver - the markup is a first
> shot. If I have time and/or a need, I will look for another context than
> Dynamics.

I don't think you need a new engraver for this; overriding the stencil
should suffice since the time signature fraction is passed to
TimeSignature via the property 'fraction:

\override TimeSignature #'stencil =
#(lambda (grob)
    (let ((frac (ly:grob-property grob 'fraction)))
      (grob-interpret-markup grob
           (markup #:translate '(0 . 2) #:concat (
                                              #:bold (format "~a " (car frac))
                                              #:translate '(-2 . -2)
#:draw-line '(3 . 3)
                                              #:translate '(-2 . -3.5)
#:smaller #:smaller #:note (format "~a" (cdr frac)) UP)))))

Cheers,
Neil