Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (?)

From: harm6
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (?)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:09:27 -0700 (PDT)

PMA-2 wrote:

> Hi List.
>
> Occasionally one staff in a system,
> either the middle or upper, contains rests only.
>
> I want to exclude such staves from the output,
> and so have defined my \score block as follows,
> following Notation & Snippets Ref. suggestions.
>
> \score {
>    \new PianoStaff <<
>      \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = #""
>      \new Staff = "upper" \upper
>      \new Staff = "theme" \theme
>      \new Staff = "lower" \lower
>    >>
>    \layout {
>      \context { \RemoveEmptyStaffContext }
>    }
> }
>
> The output shows no errors, but also no effect:
> its rest-only staves are still there.  Could some-
> one possibly point up what I've overlooked?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

Hi,

it works with StaffGroup:

\score {
        \new StaffGroup \with {
                systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBrace
                instrumentName = #"aa"}
   <<
     \new Staff = "upper" \upper
     \new Staff = "theme" \theme
     \new Staff = "lower" \lower

   \layout {
       \context {
        \RemoveEmptyStaffContext
       }
       \context {
            \Score
                \override VerticalAxisGroup #'remove-first = ##t

HTH,
  Harm