Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (?)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext (?)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:22:56 -0700

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 02:21:11PM -0700, harm6 wrote:

> Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> > \RemoveEmptyStaffContext has been replaced by \Staff \RemoveEmptyStave
> > in version 2.13.something.
>
> I didn't found \RemoveEmptyStaffContext in the docs, but there is a
> definition in engraver-init.ly (version 2.14.2) for it ! So I'm a little bit
> puzzled.

umm, did you try reading the lines immediately above it?

%% Keep the old definitions in here for compatibility (they erase
%previous
%% settings to the corresponding context!).
%% For new scores, one should simply insert the \RemoveEmptyStaves
%settings
%% into the desired context. That's just as easy, requires only
%one line more
%% (the \*Staff), but preserves previous context mods.
%% TODO: DEPRECATED_2.13.17, remove at some point in the future
RemoveEmptyStaffContext = \context {
  \Staff
  \RemoveEmptyStaves
}