Re: Problem with lyrics with repeat [lilypond 2.13.63]

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Problem with lyrics with repeat [lilypond 2.13.63]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:59:08 -0700 (PDT)

Raphael Manfredi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems formatting lyrics on a repeat section.
> I've extended the snippet from the documentation to add 2 voices
> to the chorus, and the lyrics for the second stanza are moved
> at the bottom of the group.

i can't see which version you're using but the the docs about repeated
voices are being rebuilt!

the trick that works is to define the lyrics' placement with a \new Lyrics =
"…" statement and to refer them later. you're sample score would then look
like:

\new ChoirStaff  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice = "melody" {
        \relative c'' {
          a4 a a a
          \repeat volta 2 { b4 b b b }
    \new Lyrics = "11"
    \new Lyrics = "12"
    \context Lyrics = "11" \lyricsto "melody" {
      Not re -- peat -- ed.
      <<
        { The first time words. }
        \context Lyrics = "12" {
          \set associatedVoice = "melody"
          Sec -- ond time words#one.

the 2nd staff and its lyrics can be placed the same way, but since the
default is below the staff it does not really matter.

Eluze