Re: Lyrics small caps

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Lyrics small caps
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:27:36 +1000

On 19/08/11 11:17, Jay Anderson wrote:
How do I get small caps for lyrics? Here's how I've attempted to
select small caps: "\override LyricText #'font-shape = #'caps". I've
tried a few different fonts without success: "Helvetica", "Georgia",
"Verdana".

Have I just not found a font which supports small caps? Perhaps a more
basic question is which fonts support it and how can I check? Here's a
full example:

Works ok with a true small caps font. I have Trajan Pro (came with Adobe InDesign), and when I set that as the lyric font I get small caps:

\version "2.14.2"

\score
{
<<
    \new Staff \new Voice=z \relative c' {c4 c c c}
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto z \lyricmode
    {
      \override LyricText #'font-name = "Trajan Pro"
      This is a test.