Silencing a chordlist midi channel

From: Beakerboy
Subject: Silencing a chordlist midi channel
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

I'm making a staff group with a line saying:
\new Chordnames \chordlist

and later I call \midi{}

the midi file will play the chords with a grand piano voice, but I want it
to be silent.
I'm using lilypond 2.12.3

I didn't see anything in the archives or google, or lilypond tips/tricks.
The tips and triks implyed that there's a way to do it, but I'd have to
place a dynamic marker on that staff, which wouldn't look good on a chord
list.

Thanks,
Kevin