different page sizes / systems as single files / lilypond-book

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: different page sizes / systems as single files / lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:29:57 +0200

(using 2.14 or 2.15.8 on OSX Intel)

We’re in the process of re-inventing ConTeXt’s LilyPond support (similar to lilypond-book, but simpler and with ConTeXt instead of LaTeX).
We try to solve page breaking of bigger scores.

If a score begins mid-page, e.g. below a title, we would like to tell LilyPond a smaller first page size to trigger page breaking.

Probably even better would be, if we could get single output files (EPS, PDF) for every system, include all of them serially and use TeX’s page breaking mechanism. -dbackend=eps tells us the number of systems in foo-systems.count, and AFAICR it used to give single-system files as foo-#.pdf, but ATM we just get identical foo-1.pdf and foo.pdf

Is either possible? I couldn’t find fitting options.

Does lilypond-book support such page breaking? Does it support base line correction of inline snippets, and how?

Current code: https://github.com/adityam/filter/blob/dev/t-lilypond.tex
Previous versions: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---