Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: MusicXML exporter (was Re: Lilypond lobbying?)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:54:48 -0400

Hi Pierre,

> What kind of funding would be possible

I offer C$100 to the MusicXML project.

If [Jan: hint hint!] my C$100 goes to creating a function (e.g.,
\displayLilystreamXML) which simply converts the raw Lilypond music stream
(i.e., what we see with \displayMusic) as an XML blob, I'm happy to do "for
free" all the XSLT coding required to turn that "LilystreamXML" into useable
MusicXML.

However, if the entire project will be in C++ and/or Scheme, I can offer little
(to nothing) beyond the C$100.

> how many would we be on the project?

If you scan the archives for XML, you'll find that a bunch of people have
offered help on this.
You'll probably want to do a fresh call for team members, though, as the thread
has been dormant of late.

Cheers,
Kieren.