Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Francois Planiol
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:29:40 -0500

Dear Robert,

The translation doesnt match totally.

(In my own words, to point out what is important in this text, after
20 years in Germany as church musician):

> Es ist in den letzten Jahren zum Standard geworden, dass Herausgeber
> oder Autoren die Notendateien ihrer Werke für den Notensatz fertig bei
> uns abliefern (was eine Nachbearbeitung hier im Hause nicht
> ausschließt).

Composers send us usually a data ready-to-print. If necessary and only
in this case, we prefer Finale and Sibelius, for we are used to.

In diesen Fällen bitten wir entsprechend auch um Daten für
> Finale und Sibelius, da diese am einfachsten zu verarbeiten sind.
> Ausschlusskriterium für die Annahme eines Werkes ist dies jedoch nicht,
> vereinzelt wird auch noch nach handschriftlichen Manuskripten direkt
> hier im Hause gesetzt.

Buuuut, there is no reason to exclude for publication a work in
another format, included manuscripts will be considered.

So I think the best would be a Schott style-sheet for lily, send your
music to schott as pdf and underline, you will make the changes they
want, if needed.

Best greetings

Francois