Re: New LilyPond tutorial

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: New LilyPond tutorial
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:17:33 +0200

Am 24.08.2011 15:15, schrieb Colin Campbell:
On 11-08-24 03:26 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
Am 24.08.2011 11:19, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska<address@hidden>  writes:

OTOH I don't think there is any problem with the mere existence of
non-free documentation.
Correct. The actual problem is the non-existence of free documentation,
and creating references to non-free documentation is a disincentive to
changing that.

I am glad that you see this similarly, since "rebasing" your work on
free material might be less work than rewriting it from scratch.
It will definitely be far less work.
The most complicated issue will be to find a suitable (i.e. most "compatible") example. Just want also to state that my copyright concerns aren't at all about some intellectual property of mine. I'm happy to share all my experience this way, there are rather formal issues I'm not really clear about yet ...

If there's any way I can help, Urs, with the "rebasing", light editing of the text for flow and grammar, or any other task, please let me know. Your approach to the "next steps" level of LilyPond is delightful, and I'd love to be part of making it widely available.

Cheers,
Colin

Thanks, Colin.
What will definitely be useful (at least) is some polishing of my English. I will come back to you when some sort of "final version" is around and send you the material as a text document.

Best
Urs