Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 02:44:49 +0200

Am 25.08.2011 02:30, schrieb PMA:
I'm confused.  Please forgive a terribly naive question --

*If* my LilyPond output PDF were to match what Schott wants to see
(in other words, a correct Schott-targeted style-sheet would not have
changed it), then would Schott print my original PDF *as-is*?

Thanks,
Pete
As I'm not Schott I can of course not definitely answer this question.
But as a native German speaker/reader, and having had a similar issue with a publishing house I'd bet: no, they wouldn't.

The publisher will want (and probably has) to have the possibility to edit your score - be it for more fine tuning or for corrections in a second edition. And for this they will only accept the programs they are accustomed to, that have been tested to work the way they are used to.

HTH
Urs