Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:42:22 -0400

Hi Joseph,

> the fact that Lilypond may get so many things right initially is
> not an issue when it's so much more tricky to make (and validate) small
> manual corrections.

Yes. Yes. Yes.
And IMO the **VALIDATION** is the worst part: I don't mind taking the few
seconds to type the tweak for a slur, but when I'm working on a big score
(e.g., on of my operas or musicals), it is incredibly painful to have to wait
several minutes in order to see the result (especially if it didn't work for
some reason, so that I have to do it again).

And I'm a Lilypond evangelist.  =(

Cheers,
Kieren.