Re: grace synchronization

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: grace synchronization
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 01:32:32 +0200

Am Friday, 26. August 2011, 23:05:26 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> Well, here's an curious discovery: If you have a global variable
> "simultaneous-ed" into the Voice/Staff context(s), the "extra" skipped
> grace note MUST BE IN THE GLOBAL, not just explicitly placed in the other
> Voice(s)/Staff(s).

Exactly. The detailled example in the other mail I just sent a second ago
explains why.

> global = { \key a \major s1 \break s1 }

The break will be handled by lilypond at moment 4/4 (grace 0), or in short
4/4G-0.

> notesA = \relative {
>   c1
>   \acciaccatura { d8 } e1
> }

The acciaccatura d8 is at moment 4/4G-1/8, which is earlier than the break
above (which is at 4/4G-0). Additionally, the acciaccatura adds a slur from
moment 4/4G-1/8 to moment 4/4G-0, so the \break appears during an active slur!

> While that solves the problem in this minimal example, it doesn't in my
> piece (which includes multiple split voices, etc.).

It would if you found all split voices in use. But I totally agree that it
would be much better to have this fixed once and for all.

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886