Separating midi tracks into separate files.

From: Jeremy Joseph Boor
Subject: Separating midi tracks into separate files.
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 15:16:29 -0600

Hi. This might be a timidity++ problem on my end,
but I was wondering if anyone has had success in separating midi
tracks into distinct files (regardless of the final format of target
files).

Assuming that the new \set Score.midiChannelMapping=#'voice is
working, I have tried to create separate sound files for each voice
by using timidity with -Q or -mute option. Timidity seems to recognize
that there are four tracks, but can only mute is if there were two.
This happens even when I put each voice in a separate staff and use
\set Score.midiChannelMapping=#'staff.

Timidity or no, does anyone have a good way to get a separate sound
file for each voice?