Re: shorten a broken hairpin at a linebreak?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: shorten a broken hairpin at a linebreak?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:28:28 -0500

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:02 AM, harm6 <address@hidden> wrote:

David Nalesnik-2 wrote:

> OK, this should do it!
>
> Now all you have to do is call \eraseBrokenHairpin -- no arguments needed
>  -- and it should handle positioning of the whiteout box.  I'm guessing
> that
> this would be easily extensible to other spanners?
>
> Best,
> David

Hi David,

thanks for your work on my function. I will study the additions and I can
confirm the "tiny trace of hairpins" even if using your hairpin-1.ly

Best,
 Harm

Hi Harm,

These actually disappear if, instead of using line-width, you use the extent of the hairpin:
(cdr (ly:grob-extent grob (ly:grob-system grob) X))

But Mike's solution is definitely the way to go!  (For one thing, it preserves the rounded ends of the hairpin pieces.)

David