Re: Extra staff in lilypond 2.14.2

From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject: Re: Extra staff in lilypond 2.14.2
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:00:02 -0400

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:04:46 +0200
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <address@hidden> writes:
> > themusic = {
> >   <<
> >     \tempo 4 = 160
> >     \new Staff {
> >       \set Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic bass"
> >       \Common
> >       \clef "bass_8"
> >       \relative c, { \time 3/4 a4. b8 c d e d c b4. a8 b c d c b a2. }
> >     }
> >   >>
> > }
>
> Tempo needs a staff to put the tempo information into.  I don't see why
> you are using parallel music here in the first place.

This is a snippet from a larger work.  So do I have to put tempo into
each staff or just the first one?

Why did this change?  The old way seemed pretty clean.  Tempo refers to
the piece as a whole.  Setting tempo by instrument can't work, can it?

> Write
>
> themusic = \new Staff { \tempo ...

But what if I have multiple staves including piano?  That was just a
stripped down example.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden>         |  Democracy is three wolves