Re: Adding dynamics to lyrics

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: Adding dynamics to lyrics
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:37:40 +1000

>>>>> "Christ" == Christ van Willegen <address@hidden> writes:

Christ> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 05:48, Peter Chubb
Christ> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> For the benefit of search-engine-land, the way to do this is to use
>> a separate dynamics context.  Like this:

Christ> The problem with specifying it like this, is that you'll have
Christ> to repeat note lengths throughout the whole dynamic
Christ> context. If you make a mistake anywhere, you'll have to fix it
Christ> twice!

I know --- it's horribly error-prone from that POV.  What's more, one
has to count note values carefully to get the dynamics in the right
place, rather than just specifying them naturally next to the words.

But at present I can't find a better way to do it.
--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au           ERTOS within National ICT Australia