Alternative note inserting for guitar tabs

From: Lilyjoe
Subject: Alternative note inserting for guitar tabs
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 12:09:38 +0000 (UTC)

I've to write a very basic guitar tab, no need to add tempo and other infos,
just number of frets and the way to play notes (hammer on, pull off, bendings,
slides and so on).
I like lilypond outputs, but I don't know music. It's hard for me to write a tab
by insert notes as a b c... I'd like to write by insert notes in the form
fret/string, I find it very usefull.
Looking around on the net I found a tool called Vexflow, In my view it has the
best syntax to quickly insert notes in the tab. Unfortunately Vexflow output is
a png image and I think it's not made to be well printed on a pdf document.

So, I'd like to know if there was a way to insert notes in the fret/string
format in lilypond too, or if it just supports the a b c format.
Sorry for my bad english, if something isn't clear enough, let me know... I've
not found an italian specific forum so I've decided to ask there.
Thanks in advance.
Bye!