Re: Alternative note inserting for guitar tabs

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Alternative note inserting for guitar tabs
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 02:17:27 +0200

Il 05/09/2011 00:38, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
2) MuseScore, which should have a "tablature interface":
http://musescore.org/en/node/7845

And it seems that the work on it has just restarted:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=1314952311882-6753163.post%40n2.nabble.com&forum_name=mscore-developer

You must install a nightly build:
http://musescore.org/en/handbook/comparison-stable-prerelease-and-nightly-builds

<rant>
Not that easy on Linux: the file downloaded was probably corrupted. I had to download the SVN repository, which is 500 MB (!). Compiling takes a lot of time and at 75% the program realized that a dependency was still missing. Of course, you can't run make again, you must first clean and start compiling from scratch. I'll let you know how it works if I manage to compile it. I'm at 40%, fingers crossed... </rant>

My rant was unfair :)
First, there's a git mirror which is much lighter (170 MB):
https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore

Second, you don't have to run make from scratch each time it fails. You have to enter the build directory and run make from there.

I'm still getting an error, but I'm close to victory :)