Re: shorten a broken hairpin at a linebreak?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: shorten a broken hairpin at a linebreak?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 17:34:06 -0500

Hi, Harm --

tweaking the decrescendi like the diminuendi and doing some minor changes, I
come up with:

Looks great!  I'll definitely use this, though something tells me I won't run into quite as extreme a situation as your example :)

Checking my just-bought copy of Gould, I find on pg. 104 the rule that a broken hairpin should stop on the barline, with an example involving a key change at the line break.  Maybe LilyPond's behavior should be reported as a bug (I couldn't find it listed, anyway) with your function as a workaround?

(One tiny thing: Mike went to the trouble of writing functions to determine a grob's system, and for consistency you could replace my calls to ly:grob-system with his find-system.)

Best,
David