Re: barline in gregorian

From: harm6
Subject: Re: barline in gregorian
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 14:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

janek.lilypond wrote:

> 2011/9/9 Marek Klein <address@hidden>:
>> Hello,
>> how can I have barline displayed in this snippet:
>>
>> \version "2.14.1"
>> \include "gregorian.ly"
>>
>> \score {
>>   \new VaticanaVoice \relative c'{
>>     c d e c \bar "|"
>>     e d c e
>>     }
>>   \layout {
>>   }
>> }
>
> Interesting.
> i thought that   \with { \consists "Bar_engraver" }  will do the
> trick, but it doesn't.
> I can't help you then, sorry :(
>
>> It used to work before, if I remember it correctly.
>
> Do you remember with which version it worked?
>
> Janek

Hi,

have a look at engraver-init.ly

You can read:
  %% We can not remove Bar_engraver; otherwise clefs and custodes will
  %% not show up any more among other line breaking issues.
  %% Instead, we make the grob transparent.
  \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t

So it will work this way:

\version "2.14.2"
\include "gregorian.ly"

\new VaticanaVoice {
  \relative c' {
          \override Staff.BarLine #'transparent = ##f
                c d e c \bar "|"
                e d c e

\score {
        \new VaticanaStaff