Re: ubuntu lyx lilypond latex

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: ubuntu lyx lilypond latex
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:42:24 +1000

On 13/09/11 09:02, Pablo Zumarán wrote:
I need some basic help will lilypond-latex installation.

I want to use Ubuntu exclusively to write a musicological book with
lilypond+LyX.

To get rid of some rubbish that was stalling my system, I reinstalled Ubuntu
from zero; then I installed LyX and "A decent selection of the TeX Live
packages". I also have lilypond in my usr/bin.

In LyX, when I go to Document>Settings>Modules and try to insert the
lilypond-book module, I get a message saying:

"Package not available: The module lilypond requires a package that is not
available in your LaTeX installation, or a converter that you have not
installed. (...) Missing prerequisites: lilypond-book->latex."

What do I have to install now? Where do I get it?
Which version of LyX do you have installed. I think you need a minimum of v2.0. The latest stable version from ftp.lyx.org is 2.0.1 - see ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/2.0.x/. You will need to download the source (lyx-2.0.1.tar.gz) and follow the instructions in the INSTALL file to build and install it. It's not very difficult.

Nick