Controlling horizontal bracket start position after a line break?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Controlling horizontal bracket start position after a line break?
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:13:56 -0400

Hi,

I'm using horizontal brackets in some sketches I'm doing right now. (And the fact that the brackets nest is proving very useful indeed.)

A simplified example looks like this:

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.15.11"

\layout { ragged-right = ##t }

\new Voice \with {
    \consists Horizontal_bracket_engraver
} {
    c'1 \startGroup
    d'1 \break
    e'1
    f'1 \stopGroup
}

This is good, with one exception:

The output attached shows that -- following a line break -- the resumption of the horizontal bracket begins *left of the staff*.

Question: is it possible to align the resumption of the horizontal bracket with the left edge of the first note head of the system?

(That is, in this example, with the left edge of the e'1?)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača