Re: Just Intonation MIDI file

From: Nick Bailey
Subject: Re: Just Intonation MIDI file
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:23:06 +0100

Well, the way we did it was to retune the synthesiser fluidsynth using the
tunings (?) command. It was a slightly different problem because we wanted 19-
ET rather than messing about with pythagorean adjustments, which might have to
change every time you modulate anyway? We found that not many commercial
synths obey the midi tuning protocol (in fact none of the ones we looked at).

Off topic, I'd be interested in why you want to teach singers to sing out of
tune anyway :D (that was a troll :) )

Here's a video about the 19ET stuff...

http://www.n-ism.org/VG/Glasgow_CMT/Performance_Science/

Just click on the first thumbnail. Sorry about the flash. HTML5 hasn't reached
browser near me yet :)

Nick/.