automatic indentation of long instrument names?

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: automatic indentation of long instrument names?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:08:04 +0200

Hey all,

in previews long instrument names seem to be indented automatically (see
preview.png) whereas on the first full page of the same score they get lost in
the left margin (see page1.png). Is there an option for the automatic
calculation of the level of indentation in relation to the length of instrument
names?

Thanks for any hint!
patrick

P.S.: I know I could use centered multi-line instrument names in combination
with the \paper variable 'indent' but I'm looking for an "automated" solution...

PNG image

PNG image