Re: Change beam grouping

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Change beam grouping
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:44:26 -0600

On 9/15/11 7:55 AM, "Xavier Scheuer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 15 September 2011 13:37, -Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> it's there - see subdividing beams
>>
>> \set subdivideBeams = ##t
>> \set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 8)
>> \set beatStructure = #'(2 2 2 2)
>>
>> should work for your example!
>
> The result is not exactly the same.
> With subdivideBeams you have only one beam in the middle between the
> two rhythms, whereas there are "two beams" (16th notes) in the image
> sent by Sven.
>
> I would be interested to know if it is possible to get Sven's result
> with LilyPond's automatic beaming rules.
> Maybe Carl (who is the master of beaming) could give an answer?

At the present time, there are no user-settable rules for determining
beamlet direction.

I believe that the outcome in measure 2 should be always preferred.

I've been trying to improve the algorithm for doing this, but it's not yet
perfect.

Unfortunately, due to some health issues in my family I have very little
LilyPond time right now.

Please post this as a bug; I'll try to fix it in the near future.

Thanks,

Carl