musicxml2ly: proposals concerning tagline, conversion info, <source>-ele

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: musicxml2ly: proposals concerning tagline, conversion info, <source>-element and midi-output
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 16:50:33 +0200

Hey all,

I'd like to change (and add) some minor things in musicxml2ly, but before I
make a patch I wanted to make sure that no-one objects:

1) tagline: musicxml2ly currently uses the contents of  the <software>-element
for the LilyPond-tagline. So the tagline at the end of a piece engraved by
LilyPond actually contains information as to the encoding software of the
.xml-file. As this information is also saved in a custom LilyPond-variable
named "encodingsoftware" and the converted file is actually engraved by
LilyPond I'd suggest to comment out/delete the following line in musicxml2ly in
order to print out the standard LilyPond-tagline (Music engraving by
LilyPond...):

    set_if_exists ('tagline', ids.get_encoding_software ())

2) conversion info: right now the conversion info at the top of the generated
.ly-file says e.g.:

    % automatically converted from filename

I'd like to change that to:

    % automatically converted with musicxml2ly from filename

3) <source>-element: musicxml2ly currently doesn't know the <source>-element.
I'd like to add it.

4) MIDI: musicxml2ly currently automatically comments out the midi-output in
the generated .ly-files. Why not leave it in by default?

So what's your opinion?

Cheers
patrick