Re: centering text on a measure

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: centering text on a measure
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:30:17 -0500

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

Running centerGrobBetween_rev2.ly the log states:

Failure to center #<Grob TextScript > between LeftEdge and BarLine
Present in system? LeftEdge #t  BarLine #t
left bound: #<Grob LeftEdge >  right bound: #f
Failure to center #<Grob TextScript > between LeftEdge and BarLine
Present in system? LeftEdge #t  BarLine #t
left bound: #<Grob LeftEdge >  right bound: #f

As I interpret this, both LeftEdge and BarLine are present in the system.  However, for some reason I can't fathom, the LeftEdge being chosen for alignment on the left is the one at the end of the system, instead of the one at the opening; thus, there is no BarLine suitable for a right bound.  Again, this does not happen when I run the function, nor when I run the variations in your following email. (Why? I think I'll never know!)

David