scaling both durations and displayed note values?

From: James Harkins
Subject: scaling both durations and displayed note values?
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:38:57 +0800

Is there a way to scale the durations of a passage of music, say, by a factor
of 2, so that not only do the notes take twice as much time, but the displayed
note values are also doubled?

\scaleDurations does only the former, but not the latter.

I'm finally sitting down to typeset a couple of mensural canons that I wrote
some years ago, and I was hoping to enter the part that is imitated just once,
in a variable, and then do something like:

\scaleDurations #'(2 . 1) { \firstHalf }

But what I get instead is a dotted half note that spans 1.5 bars in 4/4.

Possible, or do I have to copy/paste and find/replace the note values?

Thanks,
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world