Re: preprocessing an included file with system command

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: preprocessing an included file with system command
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 13:34:31 +0300

On Sat 24 Sep 2011, 23:52 Michael Ellis wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Graham Percival
> > or m4 or python, I'd do this:
> > # mylily.sh
> > cp $1 /tmp
> > sed '...' /tmp/$1 > /tmp/$1-processed.ly
> > lilypond /tmp/$1-processed.ly
> > mv /tmp/$1-processed.ly .
Often it can be done with something like this (within bash script;
windows equivalent is also quite possible):

  sed '...' < $1 | lilypond -o ${1%%.ly} -

> I normally do my LilyPond work with LilyPondTool and have grown quite
> accustomed to its conveniences.   Using a wrapper script would mean
> having to alter my LilyPondTool options to specify the wrapper script
> instead of invoking LilyPond directly -- but I often  use LilyPond for
> tasks other than audio transcriptions and don't want to have to keep
> changing my LilyPondTool options.
I would, probably, try to write shell script, which takes $PPID and checks if
the parent is LilypondTool or like that. Not tested .)

Anyway, your question is still interesting. I can't help here, sorry.

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad