Berklee Certification

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Berklee Certification
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:40:47 -0400

Hi Lilypond people --

I just finished up a 2 year Master Certification program through
Berklee Music, the program being "Orchestration for Film & TV". I used
Lilypond for all 8 of the courses I took, having made the switch a
couple of years ago away from Finale and Geniesoft Overture (I used
Linux, in fact, for everything in these courses, with the exception of
some sample libraries hosted on Windows). Lilypond was especially
useful for the classes on rhythm section Arranging since the default
drum kit notation used in Lilypond is identical to the Berklee
standard (many other students struggled with Finale and Sibelius to
conform to the Berklee percussion notation standards). Several
instructors commented on how beautiful and professional my scores
were, too, although none of them had ever heard of Lilypond. There's
no question in my mind that Lilypond stacks up very well against those
other notation applications.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com
it would overturn the world."