Re: Request for Engraving Suggestions

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Request for Engraving Suggestions
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:28:59 +0200

Am Montag, 26. September 2011, 18:11:50 schrieb Alberto Simões:
> Hello
>
> At [1] you can find the images of the engraving process of one
> transcription I did. The Lilypond source file is available at [2] and if
> you prefer the PDF version, it is available at [3].
>
> In this engraving I do not like the amount of space between the two
> systems. I understand that there is not much that Lilypond can do, but
> the overall aspect is kind of... strange.
>
> I am writing to ask for any suggestion to make this output better.

For my empty score sheet generator, I had to adjust the vertical spacing quite
a bit, too. The default settings of lilypond simply look ugly.

To see my values, go to
   http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/de/empty-scoresheets.html
and choose e.g. "Choir, 4 staves (SATB)", with 2 systems/page and no space for
the header reserved.

You can then download the lilypond file, which contains the vertical spacing
variables that I'm using with lilypond 2.14.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886

PNG image