Re: Show Ledger Lines for Hidden Notes

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Show Ledger Lines for Hidden Notes
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:41:30 +0200

Am 27.09.2011 08:17, schrieb Javier Ruiz-Alma:
I wish to show a staff with a few ledger lines above/below an empty staff.
I don't want any notes to show. However LilyPond will not generate Ledger lines for invisible notes, so transparency overrides or \hideNotes commands I've tried take out the note heads as well as the accompanying ledger lines. Is there a way to force the ledger lines to be typeset while hiding the underlying note?
Below is the snippet I'm testing this with.  Thx! Javier
 \version "2.14.2"
 \score
    { \new Staff \with {
        \remove Bar_engraver
        firstClef = ##f
        }
         {
%% I'm looking for a way to hide the noteheads, but still show the ledger lines.
  %%uncommenting the command below will erase both notes and ledger lines
          %\override NoteHead #'stencil = #point-stencil
I think you'll have to make the note heads invisible:
\override NoteHead #'transparent = ##t

then the ledger lines should still appear (untested!)

HTH,

Marc
          \override Stem #'transparent = ##t
          a''4  c''' c' a