Re: \partial only on first measure?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: \partial only on first measure?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:49:26 +0200

Am 28.09.2011 11:31, schrieb Alberto Simões:

On 28/09/2011 09:07, Neil Puttock wrote:
On 28 September 2011 09:04, David Kastrup<address@hidden>  wrote:

With the current development version, you can write this as

partialInline = #(define-music-function (parser location dur mus)
(ly:duration? ly:music?)
  #{
    \set Timing.measureLength = $dur

measureLength is a moment, so you have to convert it:

\set Timing.measureLength = $(ly:duration-length dur)

Cheers,
Neil

Hey
Thanks for the macro. It will be VERY helpful (still have more than 100 musics to convert-ly to recent version, and most of them use \partial (Priests, or Portuguese ones, do not know much about music metric :P)

Is there any way to write some kind of the equivalent to the latex .sty file, where I can define these files? Or is it just a standard .ly file, \include'd?

If so, is there any INCLUDEPATH I can set, so I do not need to copy it for each music I use?

Thank you :)
Alberto

Put this function in a standard .ly file (some prefer to name these include files .ily) and include it. You can run lilypond with the -dinclude option and specify includepaths where you can store your library.

How to use this depends on which editor you use for lilypond. Frescobaldi for example allows you to specify includepaths in its options.

HTH
Urs