PDF sizing

From: Mark Lindberg
Subject: PDF sizing
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 16:15:16 -0500

(You can skip this first part if you don't want my life's story)
I've had an iPad for a while, but it just occurred to me the other day
that, oh duh, it can read PDF files. I at once downloaded a PDF reader
(iBooks) and sent some PDFs that I'd typed up with lilypond over. Cool
stuff. I took them into my teacher (I play classical guitar), and she
looked at it and said, "I'm not going to let you use this if you can't
scribble notes on it." I went home and did some research, and ended up
with forScore. (It was essentially a coin flip between forScore and
unrealbook). I love it, and I've already started useing it for my
practice. I've basically only run into 2 issues. Space to put notes
in, and size of music being to small to read.

*end of story*

Has anyone here had any experience with forScore and lilypond files?
Mainly, I'm wondering if anyone has already come up with a good set of
margins/page sizes to work with on an iPad sized screen, that make it
easy to read the music from stand distance, and have large enough
spaces to scribble (or type) in notes as I go, and not have them
clutter up with the notes. And is there a good size that would work
better and avoid line breaks by turning the iPad sideways? (landscape
view sometimes chops the PDF file up in the middle of a staff)

P.S. I love lilypond, and have been using it for a few months now. I
just wanted to say that you guys are doing an awesome job.