Re: Double note durations

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Double note durations
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 18:20:22 +0200

> Hi,
>
>> Some while ago I have a mind I saw some piece of code that doubled all note
>> durations in a score, the point being to change a score from the very black
>> modern notation to the more open 'white' notion familiar in earlier music.
>>
>> Is there, in fact, a simple way of doing this?  I haven't been able to
>> unearth anything as yet.
>
> Is this what you want?
> <http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=305>

Why does this snippet not use the \shiftDurations command?  And why does
it use ly:music-deep-copy?  As far as I can tell, any music argument fed
to a music function has either been created from scratch (without
references kept elsewhere), or has already been copied before getting
handed to the function.

--
David Kastrup