Re: Controlling placement of custodes?

From: Marek Klein
Subject: Re: Controlling placement of custodes?
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:04:52 +0200

Hello Matthew,

2011/10/4 Matthew Collett <address@hidden>
In the various 'ancient notation' styles, Lilypond automatically places a custos at the end of each line, and mostly gets it right.  But when there is a refrain or antiphon, a custos may be needed in an unexpected place or at a different pitch.  Is there any way to insert a custos manually, or override the placement of one?
An example:
The custos at the end of the third line should be F, not A, since the next note to be sung is the initial note of the antiphon, not that of the following verse.  Furthermore, it should be placed over the beginning of the 'Asperges' incipit, not at the end of the line. There should also be an identical custos at the incipit on the last line.

I am sorry, I cannot help you with the placement of custos, but I use to typeset the music with the first word of antiphon too - this would solve your problem.
I am curious about how have you obtained the resulting pdf with lilypond, could I see your ly file?

With best Wishes,

Marek
--
Marek Klein