Re: Controlling placement of custodes?

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: Controlling placement of custodes?
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:25:58 +1300

On 4/10/2011, at 7:24 pm, Bill Mooney wrote:

> I cannot help with the detail of how to achieve the custos movement you ask
> about...
>
> However, my understanding of the Asperges is that the Antiphon is repeated
> only after the end of the Gloria Patri... See p11 in Liber Usualis ed.
> Benedictines of Solesmes, Desclee & Co. 1959
> (not within the chant as shown in your pdf file)

The 1973 Graduale Romanum gives _only_ the Psalm verse, and no Gloria Patri, so
it is clear that repeating the antiphon at this point is at least possible.  My
understanding is that in general the current expectation is more frequent
repetition of antiphons than the Tridentine habit of just once each at
beginning and end of a psalm.

Besides, as I am sure you realise, it was only intended as an example.

Best wishes,
Matthew