Re: Vertical position of whole-measure rest

From: Jonas Müthing
Subject: Re: Vertical position of whole-measure rest
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 21:05:42 +0200

Hello Frank,

an R is not a rest for Lilypond but a multi-measure rest. Therefore you need to change the staff-position of that with the \override command (to be inserted directly before the R:

\override MultiMeasureRest #'staff-position = #-1

The number indicates the number of staff-spaces that the rest is moved (one down). You can even use the same command for normal rests but have to change MultiMeasureRest to Rest in that case.

Cheers,

Jonas