transposing octaves for a piano part

From: Steve Downes
Subject: transposing octaves for a piano part
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:10:53 +0100

Hello all,

New to this group so I hope I get it rightish.

I have done a choir arrangement (in Rosegarden) & exported to lilypond. this
has worked fine after a bit of work. I now want to condense this into a piano
part with trb & bs clefs. I have been adapting it using the parallelMusic
method (tried various combining methosd withoud success)

I am having some success & this is looking like the way to go but:-

I need to put the tenor part into the bass clef (no problem) * lower it an
octave (problem)
I need to put the string bass part down an octave
Both of these while leaving the bass (vocal) part unaltered
No problems with the treble clef parts NG, sop, & alt

I could do without altering the octave of each note manually & feel this should
be possible.

I attach a snippit to show what I have so far. this works apart from the
required transpositions.

% bar 1
 r1                              | %NG
 r1                              | %sop