Re: transposing octaves for a piano part

From: Steve Downes
Subject: Re: transposing octaves for a piano part
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:18:44 +0100

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 09:40:21PM -0400, Ralph Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Steve Downes <address@hidden>wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I could do without altering the octave of each note manually & feel this
> > should be possible.
> >

> Greetings, Steve -
>
> I don't have the documentation handy, but look for
> \transpose
> in the manual and in the Snippet Repository (LSR). I use \transpose all the
> time to modify violin etudes and pieces for playing on viola. The basic
> structure is something like
> \transpose c g { a c b d }
> To drop an octave, you could simply use
> \transpose c' c { \voiceE }
> I believe.
>
> Ralph
>
> --
> Ralph Palmer
> Brattleboro, VT
> USA
> address@hidden

Thanks Ralph,

I had looked at /transpose but failed to make it work in the way I wanted &
given up on it. In view of your comments I went back & read a little deeper. I
seem to have got my test bit working & am now doing the whole arrangement.

I am finding finding my way round the manuals a bit convoluted at present &
merging info from one section into a script styled on another very hit & miss.
No doubt it will get easier.

Many thanks for your help.

Steve