Re: [issue 1482] \caps \fromproperty and markup->string

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: [issue 1482] \caps \fromproperty and markup->string
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:45:54 +0200

Hello David,

why do you think it is too hackish? If it gets lily-standard, all visible to
the user is something like this:
If he wants a non-pre-defined lyric-markup:
lyrcaps = #(define-lyric-markup (markup #:recaps #:fromproperty 'lyric:text))

and then \addlyrics/\lyricmode { sing \lyrcaps { sing sing sing }  }

Most of the scheme stuff is to overcome the issue with caps and fromproperty.
It is a workaround to get the desired result in the current stable version.

Cheers,
Jan-Peter