ragged-last-bottom should not ignore stretching on the last page

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: ragged-last-bottom should not ignore stretching on the last page
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 23:57:33 +0200

Hi,

Maybe this has been already discussed, but I do not like the current
vertical spacing behaviour of the last page when using
ragged-last-bottom (##t by default).

As you can see in the attached sample (and as I am experiencing it in
many "real world" scores), the vertical spacing is different on the
last page when using ragged-last-bottom.

Actually, on every page but the last the systems are stretched — both
*between* the systems and *within* the system between the staves.
On the last page however there is _no stretching_ at all, resulting in
systems that look *compressed* on the last page (compared to every

IMHO systems on the last page should be stretched with the same order
of magnitude as in previous pages ("mean stretching" of the score?).
For example in the example below, the last system (second system of the
last page) should be vertically centered on the middle of the page,
_exactly_ like the second system of page 2!

Does that make sense to someone?
Would it be possible to implement this from a developer point of view?

Many thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Xavier

--