Re: ragged-last-bottom should not ignore stretching on the last page

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: ragged-last-bottom should not ignore stretching on the last page
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 19:33:13 -0700

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 14:57:33 -0700, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:

Maybe this has been already discussed, but I do not like the current
vertical spacing behaviour of the last page when using
ragged-last-bottom (##t by default).

It has been discussed, most recently at
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-08/msg00043.html>

For now, we can get more space on the last page by adjusting things like
  system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #18
  page-breaking-system-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #10

Let's enter an enhancement request.

Possibly LilyPond could remember the most recently-used stretching force, and
use that force or the flush-bottom force on the final page, whichever is less.
Possibly we want to be able to enter stretchable space by hand in between and
after \scores, with a variable stretchability, and use that as a more flexible
replacement for ragged-bottom.