Re: Override ties

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Override ties
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:45:25 +0200

2011/10/10 Ed Gordijn <address@hidden>
Hi List,

I have got notes tied together as in this example.

\version "2.14.2"

\relative g'' {
 g4 g~---> g g
 g8 g~---> g g   g g~---> g g
}

I don't like the ties in the second measure. I would prefer the way they are in the first measure, lower and between the notes. Is it possible to change that?

Greetings, Ed

Hi Ed,

I think, best would be to give the notes a little more space:

\version "2.14.2"

\relative g'' {
 g4 g~---> g g
 \newSpacingSection
 \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space = #2.3
 g8 g~---> g g   g g~---> g g
 \newSpacingSection
 \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space
 g8 g~---> g g   g g~---> g g
}

HTH,
  Harm