Re: Request for Engraving Suggestions

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Request for Engraving Suggestions
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 18:23:21 +0200

Am Montag, 26. September 2011, 23:05:02 schrieben Sie:
> 2011/9/26 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
> > For my empty score sheet generator, I had to adjust the vertical spacing
> > quite a bit, too. The default settings of lilypond simply look ugly.
>
> Yes they do.
> Well, fixing this is on my to-do list.  However, fixing it properly
> will not be easy, because it probably requires rewriting current
> spacing engine (i know that it sounds ugh).  I remember that i've
> found an example score layout which was impossible to achieve with
> current system.

What I don't like about the current system is that you cannot produce a nice
titlepage with text markups that stretch properly (some markups seem to be
spaced more while others are spaced less). See:

And the interface is really complex, so a normal user will probably not easily
see how to achieve the desired output (even I usually arrive at the result
only through trial and error and not through knowing what I'm doing).

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886