Re: parallel lyrics and alternate chords

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: parallel lyrics and alternate chords
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Buhr-2 wrote:

> Bar 4 (below) is the end of the verse and the start of the chorus. The
> fs,g,a
> notes are the end of the verse and I want to have the lyrics "aah aah aah"
> for
> these notes. The pickup for the chorus is the d,d notes and I want to have
> the
> lyrics "I could" for these notes. I understand the problem is the 2 voices
> used
> in bar 4. I've looked at a number of solutions for this issue in the
> lilypond
> document and the website, but I can't seem to make any of them work for
> me, and
> all the solutions seem complex. Any help would be appreciated.

i'm not certain about how the verses are repeated (only once?!) but here is
an attempt to show how to get the aah's and the chorus work simultaneously
with named contexts (s. attached file:
http://old.nabble.com/file/p32660362/test4.ly test4.ly  )

please also note the definition of spacing variables in the \paper section.

the stanza naming is just an alternative to your tweaked version.

cheers
Eluze