Re: Vowel with Umlaut

From: GRAEME F ST CLAIR
Subject: Re: Vowel with Umlaut
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:09:33 -0400

General reply to Messrs Rogers, Peekay and Kastrup!

In the end I googled lilypond and found the \char approach myself. Right now, I'm settling for it, because as DK hints, both TextPad and jEdit will save UTF-8 just fine, but the next time you open the file, you see mysterious blobs, not the intended character. That's why I committed "mangling" on my previous project!

But I intend to re-visit some German songs I lily'ed a few years ago, and obviously \char won't really hack it - I like the suggestion of Emacs, and will go looking for it.

Tx & rgds, GFStC.

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:25:48 +0200